We are all guilty of making assumptions that are usually based on our own perception of the world. When we are telemarketing, those assumptions can be disastrous. I have listed some of those below and you can make your own mind up as to why they are on the list
- A young voice means a junior employee
- If a woman answers the phone she is a receptionist
- An older voice means a part time employee
- Any one who answers the phone is not important
- Directors don’t answer the phone because they are too important
So taking a snooty attitude with the person who answers the phone can have awful consequences, particularly if you have announced which company you are from. Take heed.